Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lazy Experimental Baker, accent on Mental



I have been searching Pinterest and craving a Crumb cake and nothing is exactly what I crave. So, of course I just combined a bunch of stuff and I'll let you know how it tastes.

Lemon, Blueberry Crumb Cake

Preheat oven to 350*.

I combined a cinnamon crumb cake mix, minus the cinnamon (it's in a separate bag). And All the called for ingredients:
3/4 C. Water
4 T. Oil
2 Large eggs

Fresh blueberries, which I needed to use because they were nearing their expiration, and in order to make my conscience clear when I eat cake for breakfast...It has fruit!

Oh, and some lemon zest, mixed with a bit of sugar...left over from making Cheesecakes the other day.
I'd say zest of 1/2 lemon with 2 t. sugar.

For the Crumb,
1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. butter, melted
Mix together with a fork until you can't see the white of the sugar or flour. It should look like globby crumbs. The color of the melted butter. (Sorry, I'm really not describing it properly) Below is a picture :)

Grease and lightly flour an 8 X 8 pan. Pour 1/2 - 3/4 of the batter into the pan, layer blueberries with some of the lemon zest mixture. Pour remaining batter over top. Sprinkle more berries, lemon zest, and the Crumb mixture. Bake Approx 35-40 minutes.

Hope it taste as good as it smells!



No comments:

Post a Comment