Thursday, January 26, 2012

They can't all be masterpieces...

So, started off the day with my new favorite recipe, CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES. So far, it's not working out as planned. The dough is sticky and wet ick. dough on hands. dough on counter. dough on shirt. I've been kind of obseesed with scones since the San Diego trip...where I went to High Tea with the Ladies. OMG, it's highly recommended, especially for a tea addict like me. Can you say obsession? The scones at The Aubrey Rose Tea Room, were heaven on a plate, moist, buttery delicious morsels...not these dry as dust versions I've tried before, so as any good baker would do I did a lot of research and found a recipe I could use. The first couple of times, it was a little moist, but I tossed the dough in the fridge for a good amount of time before baking and that solved my problems. Hopefully that will help THIS TIME.







There's a reason cake mixes with all there crappy fillers are popular. Success. It's what drives that industry. Failure is what we from scratch, grating our own orange peel, making our own buttermilk, squeezing our own orange juice people have to live with...or we can bitch about it to our 1/2 dozen fans. I'll let you know how they turn out, hopefully I didn't overwork the dough...

1 comment: